WHY AN ELECTRIC PLATFORM?
The platform with lithium batteries is able to operate with high endurance also without feed cable,
this enables to overcome inconveniences such as:
• Need to have an electric plug near the working area.
• Possibility to damage the cables with tracks or machines in the working area.
• Need to pay attention to possible accidents of people tripping in the cable (for example: malls)
HINOWA LITHIUM-ION SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS
• No. of cells in the battery pack: 15 cells (22 cells for LL23.12 IIIS)
• Rated voltage of each cell: 3,2 Volt
• Max cell voltage: 3,65 Volt
• Min cell voltage: 2,5 Volt
• Features of the complete pack: 48 Volt (72 volt for LL23.12 IIIS) – 90 Ampere/h
• Charge cycles(*): 2000 cycles
• Cathode: Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4)
• Anode: Graphite
• Memory effect: NO
(*) The charge cycles have to be considered based on the fact that there is not memory
effect in the lithium batteries, i.e. 2000 charges at 100% or 4000 charges at 50%, etc..
• Type: 230 V (±10%) - 50/60 Hz
• Necessary time to recharge: 4 hours
• 2 hours to have l’80% of recharge
• 48 Volt for the batteries (72 volt for LL23.12 IIIS) – 12 Volt for the machine
48 Volt (72 volt for LL23.12 IIIS) – Three-phase – 2000 Watt (3500 Watt for LL23.12 IIIS)
Hinowa platforms adopting the battery pack solution are structurally similar to the equivalent
platforms with engine.
The only substantial difference is in the battery compartment, which is fitted instead of the engine.
The compartment is a steel housing, it is hermetically sealed and includes the following components:
• Battery pack formed by 15 or 22 LiFePO4 cells
• BMS (Battery Management System)
• Battery charger
• DC-DC Cooling system
The 15 cells are connected and grant a combined capacity of 90 Ah. Below is a picture of the
battery pack with removed bonnet.
A) Very important aspect is the absence of memory effect: in lithium batteries there are no
changes of the cells capacity depending on the charge cycles.
This grants the battery pack capacity with any charging principle used by the operator
(small daily charges, charge only with machine completely flat, partial charges, etc..).
Below the diagrams compare the capacity (based on the charging cycles) in the lithium
batteries and in the classic gel batteries:
B) Another important feature of the lithium batteries is the number of complete cycles of charge
before the cells start losing the charging capacity.
As it is displayed in the diagram above, only after 2000 complete charging cycles (100%)
the cells may go under the 80% of its capacity.
C) In cells deterioration time is an almost irrelevant factor.
This means that if the machine remains unused in the warehouse for a long period this does
not damage the battery pack.
While, time is an important factor in the damage of the classic batteries.
D) Maintenance. Lithium batteries do not require any kind of maintenance, therefore it is not
necessary to periodically top up with acids dangerous to transport and handle.
The only necessary maintenance operation is to connect the electric cable to the network
E) Absence of acids. Lithium batteries do not emit acids during the charging phases.
Therefore it is not necessary to open covers and air the batteries.
There is not any risk to saturate the premises with dangerous gases and acids.
• Single-phase supply voltage 230V ±10%
• Frequency 50 – 60 Hz
• Max absorbed power 2,2 KW
• Max output current 25 Amps
• Max current absorbed by the network 10 Amps
• Max supplied power 2000 W
• Operating temperature range from -20° to +50° C
• Efficiency 90%
• Weight 5,5 Kg
Type of protection IP65
The machines may also work with feed cable connected to the network.
In this situation the machine works and at the same time the batteries charge.
The battery charger is equipped with a led indicator (highlighted in the picture) which indicates
the system charging phase to the operator.
The average duration of a compete cycle of charge is 4 hours.
During the first 2 hours of charge, the 80% of the battery pack capacity is restored.
The protection of the lithium battery pack is equipped with an automatic cooling system.
The cooling air is forced in a circuit with 2 fans, which come into operation only when the average temperature of the battery pack exceeds 30°C.
This system grants always an optimum cooling of the battery pack, ensuring its long life.
The Lithium system is available on the following models: