The new Hinowa telescopic platform: efficiency, safety and sustainability
Hinowa presents the new telescopic platform TeleCrawler22S, the “full capacity” version with unrestricted working range, an efficient, safe machine equipped with the most advanced technology available on the market. It is designed to improve productivity, simplify work and increase safety in all conditions, even on difficult terrain and in tight spaces, with an eye to environmental sustainability. It is available in three different power units: a revolutionary full-electric system, bi-energy technology combining heat and electric motors, and the Kubota Z602 diesel engine combined with the 220V electric motor.
What are its features?
The TeleCrawler22S comes with innovative features highlighting the unique nature of this new type of machine, making it an industry benchmark for telescopic platforms:
- It has a working height of 22 m and horizontal outreach of 12.4 m. A single unrestricted capacity of 230 Kg for the entire working range, able to support 2 people weighing 80 kg + 70 kg of equipment.
- Variable stabilisation area to position the machine even in the most difficult conditions: the complete area is 408 x 427 cm, the reduced area is 240 x 573 cm and the partial stabilisation area is 325 x 427 cm.
- Tracked undercarriage with widening system (88-130 cm).
- New DSE basket with generous dimensions and a practical design: dual side entry (right and left) with double ladder allowing the independent entry and exit of 2 operators; mesh floor to guarantee visibility under the basket and water drainage; internal space optimisation to the benefit of the operator; non-slip resting surface; 4 wheels for easy handling when the basket is dismantled, and equipped with storage brake; possibility to mount an innovative anti-entrapment device.
- Automatic telescopic boom extension control during lifting/lowering: the distance from the wall can be automatically maintained to follow a vertical line during both lifting and lowering. Thanks to this “scissor” effect, the operator can get on with his work, by remaining automatically flush to the wall, without having to continuously adjust the extension of the telescopic boom manually. This means it is possible to work quickly and easily.
- “Go Home” function: allowing automatic and safe closure and alignment of the telescopic boom, making it possible to bring the machine back into the transport position with a single button.
- “Go Back” function: before activating the “Go Home” function, the machine saves the last work position, making it possible to automatically resume work in the same position by pressing a single button. This is a unique function allowing significant time savings and a notable increase in productivity.
- Integrated diagnostics allowing the operator to identify any abnormalities and monitor the main operating parameters of the battery pack directly from the remote control display.
- Safety at the top of its category during every stage of work thanks to a series of cutting-edge devices: self-stabilisation system, remote control with visual display, optional non-marking tracks (to avoid damaging the surfaces of buildings), front and rear LED work lights and the innovative anti-entrapment device of the new DSE (dual side entry) basket.
The TC22S telescopic platform offers utmost efficiency and performance also thanks to the different possible types of motorisation setting this new aerial work platform apart and allowing a significant reduction in CO2 emissions, without compromising on performance and reliability:
- Full Electric: a significantly more efficient (functional) system with respect to the hydraulic type which allows use of a lithium-ion battery pack, and powerful and efficient electric traction motors ensuring the same performance levels as a hydraulic traction platform.
- Bi-Energy: a system offering the possibility to select the power source. It is possible to operate with lithium-ion batteries (6.1 kWh battery pack) for an ecological solution ensuring significant autonomy, the absence of noise, vibrations and exhaust emissions, eliminating the need for electrical connections or special maintenance. Alternatively, the heat engine can be selected, allowing operation just like a normal diesel powered machine.
- Kubota Z602 two-cylinder diesel engine + 230V electric motor. It features “HD autorev” automatic control of the number of revs, liquid cooling, and complies with EPA/CARB Tier 4 + EU Stage V regulations regarding emissions.
- The machine is also equipped with a START & STOP system: the electric motor only starts when movement commands are sent, thus allowing greater work autonomy and energy savings.
- The undercarriage in the “full electric” version is built using electric traction motors allowing travel without the use of hydraulic oil. The technology with a permanent magnet drive motor guarantees a higher performance compared to traditional electric motors for an unbeatable operational autonomy.
- Safety even in difficult conditions: another advantage of electric traction motors is their generous drive torque. The machine can work on muddy terrain and considerable slopes, while the absence of oil in the drive system totally eliminates the risk of leaks on the ground, thus guaranteeing respect for the environment (“zero leakage”).
What kind of work can it be used for?
The TC22S telescopic platform is a highly advanced multipurpose machine that is both ecological and easy to use, the result of ongoing Research&Development by the Hinowa team. This is precisely the reason behind its enormous success among rental companies. The lithium-ion power supply, ensuring reduced noise emissions and the total absence of exhaust gases, allows the platform to be used without time restrictions, even in indoor areas. It therefore allows more customers to work in multiple sectors:
- shopping centres
- historical buildings
- areas where it is important not to obstruct normal activities, such as historical city centres, holiday villages, theme parks and cruise ships.
It is the ideal solution for carrying out operations such as maintenance, renovations, painting, cleaning, pruning, building and much more.
What kind of professional figures is it intended for?
The TC22S telescopic platform, thanks to its characteristics of safety, efficiency and environmental sustainability, is perfect for numerous professionals such as:
- Rental companies
- Private individuals
- Garden centres
- Agricultural firms
- Cleaning companies
- Construction companies
- Aviation companies